[Python-Dev] PEP 376

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:23:47 CEST 2009

Hello,

We have polished out PEP 376 and its code prototype at Distutils-SIG.
It seems to fullfill now all the requirements,
so I am mailing it here again, for a new round of feedback, if needed.

- the pep : http://svn.python.org/projects/peps/trunk/pep-0376.txt

- the code prototype  : http://bitbucket.org/tarek/pep376/src/tip/pkgutil.py

Notice that if the PEP is accepted at this point, I will :

- focus on making the code work as fast as possible, for directories browsing

- work on the backport and the required patches for setuptools and pip
at the same time, and
  see if I can get some beta-testers that are willing to switch to
this new version to test it extensively before
  2.7/3.2 are out.

Regards
Tarek

--