[Python-Dev] Roundup keywords for bug tracking

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jun 6 02:42:14 CEST 2009

anatoly techtonik wrote:
> It is impossible to edit roundup keywords and this takes away the
> flexibility in selecting bugs related to a module/function/test or
> some other aspect of development. For example, I need to gather all
> subprocess bugs in one query

At the moment, search for 'subprocess' in text and component = library
returns 53 open issues.  A quick scan of the titles suggests that about
40 are for the subprocess module.  So changing the search to
'subprocess' in title might be better.

and things that won't be fixed in
> deprecated os.popen() into another. In Trac I would use "subprocess"
> and "os.popen" keywords. On ohloh I would add similar tags (if bugs
> were software) without, but I can't do anything about Python roundup.
> Is there any reason for such restriction?

If every module and built-in and keyword were added to the drop-down
list, it would be pretty long.  But I agree that better sorting could
help. G. Polo, for one, made his own app to download canned search
results (for tk and idle) and store them in a local db, where he could
add annotations.

tjr