[Python-Dev] Issues with Py3.1's new ipaddr

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Tue Jun 2 20:01:55 CEST 2009

> We could remove it, but then what we have wouldn't really be a release
> candidate anymore, so the release would get delayed.

Not true.  There is a second release candidate scheduled on June 13th.
Removing the module involves doing "svn remove" on two files and
updating Misc/NEWS.  Yesterday, there was a conversation on IRC
(including the RM) where it was discussed.  So, in the unlikely event
that Guido changes his mind, there is still time to do so.

Raymond