[Python-Dev] enabling a configure option

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Jan 26 23:31:12 CET 2009

Martin v. Löwis <martin <at> v.loewis.de> writes:

> Me. Does it have to be a configure option? It is difficult to invoke
> different commands in different branches; better if the configures in
> all branches get the same options.

Well, after a quick test, it seems that configure doesn't complain if you pass
it an unknown option (at least one that begins with '--with'). So we can still
use the same options on all branches.

(as for the need for it to be a configure option, it was the consensus which
emerged after discussion in the tracker entry, both to provide some flexibility
and for fear that enabling it by default could trigger some compiler bugs --
although the latter is of course unlikely)

Regards

Antoine.