[Python-Dev] enabling a configure option

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jan 26 23:21:54 CET 2009

Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Hello python-dev,
>
> r68924 in py3k introduced a new configure option named --with-computed-gotos. It
> would be nice if one of the buildbots could exercise this option, so that the
> code doesn't rot (the buildbot has to use gcc). Whom should I ask for this?

Me. Does it have to be a configure option? It is difficult to invoke
different commands in different branches; better if the configures in
all branches get the same options. Of course, the configure command
doesn't have to be "configure"; any other script available in all
branches would work (there is already Tools/buildbot for such scripts).

> Speaking of which, there are only five buildbots remaining in the "stable"
> bunch... What has happened to the others?

I've removed all slaves that were down and where the owners either
didn't respond, or indicated that they can't bring the slaves up anytime
soon.

Regards,
Martin