[Python-Dev] microsoft dlls apparently don't support data. implications: PyAPI functions required to access data across modules.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jan 25 19:57:19 CET 2009

> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton schrieb:
> >  i mean... has anyone _written_ a third party module that returns
> > Py_None on a c-code module and had it compiled on windows?

> Lot's of people have written 3rd party extensions that work on Windows
> and can return a Py_None object.

 ahh - ok.  so... i will have to find out what the heck is going on...
ohno, it couldn't be as simple as i left out "DATA" on the lines of
the export files, could it?? :)

> Please stop spamming the Python developer list with irrelevant, wrong,
> confusing and sometimes offensive messages. To be perfectly honest it's
> annoying.

 i'm sorry to hear that you believe my messages to be sometimes
offensive.  i'm sorry that you are annoyed.  i'm sorry that i am
learning about things and that i believe that people would like to
help cooperate on the development of python as a free software
project, by helping point me in the right directions. i'm sorry that i
am unable to get things perfect the first time, so that i have to ask
people for help and advice, and i'm sorry that you are annoyed by my
asking.

> If you want to propose a new feature then python-ideas is the right
> mailing list.

thank you for informing me of that - i was not aware of that list: i
believed that the python-dev mailing list would be the location for
discussion of development and ports of python.

l.