[Python-Dev] PEP 3142: Add a "while" clause to generator expressions

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 18:34:43 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Vitor Bosshard <algorias at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

I saw this to, and do want to throw in my two cents that it should be
consistent between them. We should not add something to one and not
the other. If the PEP, even if its rejected, doesn't change to reflect
that its suggestion is for both generator expressions and list
comprehensions, I think it should be considered invalid from the
start. We should never add syntax that makes list(<...>) != [<...>]
(where <...> is my stupid expression placeholder).

http://techblog.ironfroggy.com/
Follow me if you're into that sort of thing: http://www.twitter.com/ironfroggy