[Python-Dev] I would like an svn account

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Jan 4 10:21:56 CET 2009

Steve Holden writes:

 > Hey, isn't Ubuntu Debian-based? ...

Ouch.  I don't actually use Ubuntu, but when everybody on my local LUG
list from the "Linux should be Windows but cheaper" newbies to former
NetBSD developers is grouching about upgrade hell, I don't see any
real benefits to be gained.  You're still going to need to go with a
"don't think about fixing what ain't broke, and even if it's just
kinda broke, Just Say No to that upgrade dope" policy.

No, something has to be done about the "no upgrades" policy, or it's
not worth switching from Debian stable.