[Python-Dev] Tracker archeology

Daniel (ajax) Diniz ajaksu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 20:36:54 CET 2009

Brett Cannon wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 16:45, Daniel (ajax) Diniz <ajaksu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have to test my patch against a good
>> representation of the issue, regression tests must pass, 'automated
>> test needed' fits well :)
>
> Go with "Unit test needed" so it's short and to the point and you have a deal. =)

I don't think a real name change is necessary, the help from clicking
on 'Stage' says it.
Your explanation at https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg7fctr4_51cbt2vktw
makes it crystal  clear.

Also, I've realized just now that 'Status: pending' covers both my
'will close unless someone objects' and 'cannot tell if this ancient
bug on a antediluvian platform still exists' rather well. So I'll be
setting such issues as pending from now on.

I'll try to find a way to display the help tips inline, perhaps on
selection or hover (has to be unobtrusive). That would be helpful for
stages, components and versions (I think users should know that 2.5 is
in security-fix-only mode and that feature requests need latest
version + 1).

Status report and roadmap to be posted later today, before date +%s
turns 1234567890 :)

Daniel