[Python-Dev] Tracker archeology

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Feb 12 01:07:19 CET 2009

2009/2/11 Daniel (ajax) Diniz <ajaksu at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Here's a status report about the digging. Thanks  Benjamin, Antoine,
> Martin, Raymond, Guilherme, Georg, Brett, Mark and everyone else for
> helping :)
>
> Good:
>  Many requested assignments:
>    Thanks everyone that asked for bugs. If anyone else wants more,
> just let me know :)
>
>  Old issues closed:
>    ajaksu2 - 3
>    Everyone else - about 14 :)
>
>  Checking and screening:
>    > 100 issues on the 'verify and close or update' queue (most of
> what is popping up as changed)
>
> Bad:
>  Assignment mistakes:
>    Two issues reassigned to Brett (from MvL and JvR) because I didn't
> see they were already assigned:
> http://bugs.python.org/issue1419652 PyImport_AppendInittab stores
> pointer to parameter
> http://bugs.python.org/issue616247 More documentation for the imp module
>    Sorry about that :-/

No big deal.

> Over-spammig:
>  Sorry, Georg! I only noticed all issues in the Documentation
> component are auto-assigned to you today. This meant dozens of unasked
> for assignments :-/

I think Georg at this point is the only auto-assignment.

> Now will I'll start verifying, adding tests, updating or closing as
> needed the recently changed old issues, until I've taken a good look
> at these. Then, if there's still time left before Saturday, I'll focus
> on  verifying/flagging more ancient ones.

One thing to keep an eye on for old issues, Daniel, is the Stage field.
Setting that is nice for Bug Days as people can see what issues still need a
test written or could use a review, etc. I have a doc I am writing up at
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg7fctr4_51cbt2vktw which outlines what the
various Stage values should mean. Feedback from you and anybody else is
welcome, although realize it is rough as I was not planning to make this
public quite yet.

> during-bug-season-every-day-is-bug-day-ly y'rs,

So true. =)

-Brett