[Python-Dev] Bug tracker house cleaning.

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Wed Feb 11 05:57:23 CET 2009

ISTM, that when closing duplicate bug reports, both should reference one another so that the combined threads don't get lost.

Also, assigning bugs to people who haven't asked to handle them doesn't seem like it is actually cleaning-up anything.  If something
is assigned to someone, I usually assume they intend to work on it at some point.  In contrast, unassigned means that no one is
currently handling it.

Just thought I would toss this out since the status of so many bugs/patches is being updated today.

Raymond