[Python-Dev] 'warnings' module changes still breaking Twisted, still looking for a fix

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Fri Sep 5 00:39:47 CEST 2008

On 10:18 pm, musiccomposition at gmail.com wrote:
>That's why catch_warning keeps track of the warnings filter too, so
>you can call warnings.simplefilter("always") within the context
>manager and the filter state will be restored.

Thanks for the pointer - this is interesting.  I misunderstood the way
the warnings filter worked.  It looks like this combination of features
may in fact be all we need.  It would be nice if application code could
otherwise "officially" keep track of the warnings filter (my
understanding is that 'filters', despite the public-looking name, is
private, since it is absent from the documentation?) but that doesn't
sound like a release blocker.