[Python-Dev] My patches

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:20:39 CET 2008

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> or even decided that we're moving to one.  Brett as the head of the
> infrastructure committee will have more to say about that.

While it is indeed the infrastructure committee's call (since they'll
shoulder the bulk of the effort in organising further investigation into
the idea), I personally believe that moving to some kind of DVCS makes
too much sense for it not to happen eventually.

Anything we can do to make it easier to maintain 4 active branches
(2.x-1 and 3.y-1 maintenance, 2.x and 3.y development) over the next few
years is going to be worth a fair amount of up front effort.

Cheers,
Nick.