[Python-Dev] Community buildbots and Python release quality metrics

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Jun 26 21:48:41 CEST 2008

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:46:48 +0200, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>As for reverting changes that break, I'd support this
>only for changes that break *all* of them. For example, I only use one
>platform to develop on (and I guess it's the same for many others), having
>the buildbots go red on another platform means I can try to fix the issue.

BuildBot has two ways to let you run your code on all builders before you
commit it to trunk.  You can force a build on a branch or you can try a
build with a patch.  I don't know if these options are enabled on Python's
buildmaster.  If they are, then if you want, you can use them to make sure
your code works on all platforms before you put it into trunk, where it may
cause problems for someone else.

Jean-Paul