[Python-Dev] Community buildbots and Python release quality metrics

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Jun 26 21:35:58 CEST 2008

On 05:14 pm, martin at v.loewis.de wrote:
>>I don't know.  JP is already addressing the issues affecting Twisted
>>in
>>another thread (incompatible changes in the private-but-necessary-to-
>>get-any-testing-done API of the warnings module).  But I really think
>>that whoever made the change which broke it should be the one
>>investigating it, not me.
>
>How could they have known that they broke it?

Because the relevant community buildbot turned red with that revision of
trunk.  Keep in mind I'm not talking about every piece of Python code in
the universe; just the ones selected for the community buildbots.  It
would be nice if there were a dozen or so projects on there, but paying
attention to the two builders that do actually run right now would be a
good start.