[Python-Dev] OFF-TOPIC-BUT-IMPORTANT: End of free internet model by 2012 ?

Tim Lesher tlesher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:46:43 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Daniel Bonekeeper <thehazard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everybody on the list !
>
> Sorry about the off-topic message, but giving the nature of the
> message and the nature of the list (after all, everybody here uses
> Internet or develops for web in some way), I decided to post this here
> and see what you guys think about it.

My gut feeling is that you are being taken by some fairly amateurish viral
marketing, and that you've played into it by uncritically regurgitating the
message onto these mailing lists.

Googling "Dylan Pattyn" yields only references to this very video and a site
for a performance art/activist group called IPower, which boasts such
"projects" as "an suicide-awareness campaign disguised as a personal suicide
blog", a self-described "online stunt" called "40,000 Blowjobs", and a
"wacky online reality series".

Really, do you honestly think that Time Magazine would use a
twenty-something freelancer, who has never published anything in any major
periodical, to break a news article that would at the least create a decade
or more of anti-trust lawsuits?

--
Tim Lesher <tlesher at gmail.com>