[Python-Dev] why is mmap a builtin module on windows?

Ralf Schmitt schmir at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:46:15 CET 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 9:35 AM, Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de> wrote:

> It's not an ugly hack, it's a well known feature. Add you don't have to
> change a lot of places, too. It's sufficient to add the alias at the
> entry point of your application (the script that starts your app). Once
> the alias sys.modules]'mmap'] = ralfmmap is set, every import mmap gets
> your ralfmmap.

Well, I have multiple scripts using multiple libraries using the new mmap
objects.
So, I would have to change those scripts (if I don't change the libraries),
or change the libraries. And when I want to distribute my apps with bbfreeze
(similar to py2exe), I also need to handle that  import hackery. This is
what I call ugly :) (at least in comparison to linux).

Regards,
- Ralf