[Python-Dev] pkgutil, pkg_resource and Python 3.0 name space packages

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Wed Jan 9 07:48:39 CET 2008

-On [20080108 17:07], Christian Heimes (lists at cheimes.de) wrote:
>Python's _winreg module and pywin32 expose several functions to get the
>paths from the registry but I don't think it has a simple function like
>get_mydocuments().

Careful with the name though. Microsoft Windows Vista did away with 'My
Documents & Settings'. It is now C:\Users.

So you get:

C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\    (former Local Settings\Application Data)
C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\  (former Application Data)
C:\Users\<name>\Documents         (former My Documents)
C:\Users\<name>\Music             (former My Music)
C:\Users\<name>\Pictures          (former My Pictures)
C:\Users\<name>\Videos            (former My Videos)

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Vae victis!