[Python-Dev] Trap SIGSEGV and SIGFPE

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Dec 11 14:28:01 CET 2008

    Antoine> Still, it would be much better if the stack trace could be
    Antoine> printed by Python itself rather than having to resort to gdb
    Antoine> wizardry. Especially if the problem is reported by one of your
    Antoine> non-developer users.

I understand.  The guy has a problem today for which there is a solution
that I posted.  If he's "been meaning to look into the problem" and he's
posting to python-dev I presume he knows at least a little about running gdb
if he's operating in a Unix environment.  These two gdb commands

    source .gdbinit
    pystack

shouldn't be too much of a barrier.

Skip