[Python-Dev] GSoC Student Introduction

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 23:07:36 CEST 2008

2008/4/23 "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>:
> > What is the point on having a branch in the svn repo if you won't be
>  > able to commit ? Maybe I misunderstood what you said, so maybe could
>  > you clarify that answer ?
>
>  What I meant is this: you need commit privileges regardless of whether
>  you are going to use bazaar or subversion (i.e. even for bazaar, you
>  still need commit privileges). So if mentors favor usage of bazaar
>  over subversion, they still need to arrange their students to get
>  commit privileges, and then ask them not to use these privileges for
>  subversion, but only for bazaar (because we only have a single set
>  of credentials that we manage).

I see, thanks for clearing it up.

But, what about giving students a branch in the svn and instructing
them to commit only there ? (Chris mentioned this two emails ago). If
for some reason svn is not the way to go, then I'm happy in using
bazaar for commits anyway.
Also, are you (PSF) planning to do this now or just at the "official"
gsoc start ? And, is there some internal discussion going on to decide
if students are going to get a branch or something at python
repositories ?

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves