[Python-Dev] GSoC Student Introduction

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Apr 23 22:35:52 CEST 2008

> What is the point on having a branch in the svn repo if you won't be
> able to commit ? Maybe I misunderstood what you said, so maybe could
> you clarify that answer ?

What I meant is this: you need commit privileges regardless of whether
you are going to use bazaar or subversion (i.e. even for bazaar, you
still need commit privileges). So if mentors favor usage of bazaar
over subversion, they still need to arrange their students to get
commit privileges, and then ask them not to use these privileges for
subversion, but only for bazaar (because we only have a single set
of credentials that we manage).

HTH,
Martin