[Python-Dev] SSL package for Python 2.3 to 2.5

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed Sep 12 03:02:54 CEST 2007

> I've put up an initial source package at
> http://www.parc.com/janssen/transient/ssl-1.0.tar.gz which I've tested
> with Python 2.3.5 on Mac OS X 10.4.10 (Intel) and Python 2.5 on Fedora
> Core 7.  Please send bugs you find to me at janssen at parc.com.
>
> Try "python setup.py build", then "python setup.py test".

There was a bug for 2.5.1 in the package (the socket data structure
changed with 2.5.1), so I've put up a different version,
http://www.parc.com/janssen/transient/ssl-1.1.tar.gz which I've tested
with 2.3.5 and 2.5.1 on OS X.

Same drill:  try "python setup.py build", then "python setup.py test".
Report bugs to janssen at parc.com.

Thanks to Collin Winter for reporting this problem with 2.5.1.

Bill