[Python-Dev] UTF8 in the PEP branch

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 14:45:05 CEST 2007

2007/10/12, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>:

> I believe it's subversion that is doing something wrong. In my copy
> of the file, I get
>
> # Contact: goodger at users.sourceforge.net
> # Revision: $Revision: 4152 $
> # Date: $Date: 2005-12-08 00:46:30 +0100 (Do, 08 Dez 2005) $

Looking the file through the web browser, I see:

  Version: $Revision$
  Last-Modified: $Date$

So, SVN is touching that. I guess that that is actually the idea, but
is breaking thing for us-non-7bits-speakers, :)

I see two solutions to this:

- Find a way to specify something in the original PEP file so SVN
translates always the dates in English.

- Touch the .py and adapt them to support this characters.

I prefer point 2.

What do you think? (if it's ok, I'll add the "coding" line in the
files where is needed).

Regards,

--
.    Facundo