[Python-Dev] I vote to reject: Adding timeout to socket.pyand httplib.py.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Mar 21 17:51:37 CET 2007

"Josiah Carlson" <jcarlson at uci.edu> wrote in message
news:20070321081901.FC86.JCARLSON at uci.edu...

>Alan is off his rocker.

To me, this sort of ad hominen comment is anti-productive and out-of-place
in technical discussion.

"Facundo Batista" <facundo at taniquetil.com.ar> wrote in message
news:etrcse$ib2$1 at sea.gmane.org...
>It's better than yours.

This is a technical claim that can be debated.

>  Talk is cheap.

Though slightly indirect, this strikes me (as well as the target) as an ad
hominen slap that detracts from the technical argument in the rest of the
post.  See comment above.  I do my best to restrain and censor such add-on
comments and recommend the same to others, for both personal and public
benefit.

Terry Jan Reedy