[Python-Dev] Proposal to revert r54204 (splitext change)

Patrick Maupin pmaupin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 23:02:25 CET 2007

On 3/14/07, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> This backwards-incompatible change is therefore contrary to policy and
> should be reverted, pending a proper transition plan for the change (such
> as introduction of an alternative API and deprecation of the existing one.)

I think the original behavior is simpler, thus easier to document and
understand, but even if we want to change the behavior, the fact is
that the new behavior can break some old code.  As I mentioned in an
earlier email, I don't think this is a corner case -- I bet there is a
ton of Python code out there which deals with hidden files and
directories.

Pat