[Python-Dev] Encouraging developers

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Mar 6 23:02:33 CET 2007

Terry Reedy schrieb:
> It would also be helpful if the new tracker system could produce a list of
> module-specific open items sorted by module, since that would indicate
> modules needing attention, and I could look for a batch that were
> unassigned.

The new tracker will initially have the same "category" as the current
one, but it will have the ability to group by them (and perhaps even
count them).

Of course, many bugs don't have a category set, so some volunteer would
first need to go through all open bugs and categorize them.

If, for "Modules", you want a more fine-grained classification, it
would be possible to add new categories, or add another field
"affected modules" (multi-list, I assume).

If there is a volunteer that would like to go through all bug
reports and classify them according this finer category, I can
work with the roundup maintainers to add that (although it
will likely only happen after the switch to roundup - it is
easy to extend the schema with additional fields if it is
known exactly what they are).

There is also a generic "keywords" field in the roundup
tracker - perhaps the "affected modules" could become keywords.

HTH,
Martin