[Python-Dev] Encouraging developers

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Mar 6 20:17:12 CET 2007

""Martin v. Löwis"" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote in message
news:45ED3506.9040707 at v.loewis.de...
>1. Public identification will not help, because:
>2. most code isn't in the responsibility of anybody (so publically
>    identifying responsibilities would leave most code unassigned), and
>3. for the code that has some responsible member, things are already
>    fine (so public identification won't improve here)

If I were looking for an 'ophan' (python-coded) module to adopt,
then such a list would help me choose.

It would also be helpful if the new tracker system could produce a list of
module-specific open items sorted by module, since that would indicate
modules needing attention, and I could look for a batch that were
unassigned.

Terry Jan Reedy