[Python-Dev] Triage of old tracker bugs: Any use?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Aug 28 23:37:45 CEST 2007

I've taken the week off and I'm trying to do something useful for Python in
some of my time.  I've basically been looking through the entries sorted by
priority and least recent activity.

Some items I've been able to do something with (like the "immediate"
priority %formatting bug #1467929, and the "high" priority bz2 module bug
#1597011).  Others I've been just kind of prodding people to take some
action on, just kind of getting them in front of people again.  Keeping
them "fresh" instead of just letting them stagnate...

I kind of figure that something that's in "high" priority, that has been
sitting there for 46 months, either needs to have some activity on it
or should be pushed to a lower priority.

I've also been tempted to try to triage some of the bugs without assigned
priorities, guessing a priority, that sort of thing.

Is doing this sort of triage or administration work useful?  Any
recommendations on what you'd like to have happen in this sort of task?

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Obtuse: Not pointed or acute. Exceeding 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees.
 OOOooh!  Rounded at the free end.  Dull...  Hey!  That's an insult!  -- WKRP