[Python-Dev] PEP 3118: Extended buffer protocol (new version)

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Apr 12 03:29:03 CEST 2007

Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

> 4) I am not sure about this, but perhaps 'buferingo' should save the
> flags passed to 'getbuffer' in a 'flags' field. This can be possibly
> needed at 'releasebuffer' call.

The object isn't necessarily providing all the things
that were requested in the flags, so it's going to
have to keep its own track of what has been allocated.

> 11) Perhaps the 'PyObject_' prefix is wrong, as those functions does
> not operate with Python objects.

Yes, PyBuffer_ would be a better prefix for these,
I think.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |