[Python-Dev] I'm not getting email from SF when assignedabug/patch

Wolfgang Langner tds333+pydev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 11:48:21 CEST 2006

Hello,

> On 3/29/06, Wolfgang Langner <tds333+pydev at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It is a Java system. Why promote Java solutions for python ?
> > I think there are good python solutions for a bug tracker and we
> > should prefer them.

> Also, we're supposed to be friendly with Java, as we have a major
> product in that arena. What if Java folks were to reject a Python
> solution because it's not written in Python? Wouldn't we be upset
> about the parochialism?

I have no problem with Java, neither with other languages. Most time I
have to program
in C++ and sometimes in Java.
I only suggest to give python solutions a try even if they are not yet
equal in quality.
But they should be better than SF.

> The language choice should only be used as an argument if all else is
> equal. Of course, "hackability" of a particular solution may be a
> criterion too, and there the language choice could matter. But the
> above response sounded like a knee-jerk to me, and IMO needs to be
> rebutted.

I think there   are  good python solutions and please don't underrate
the marketing effect.
My opinion is only subjective and to choose one system we must define
some criteria's
to decide the "best" one.

But something other :-)

Even Ruby on Rails uses Trac: