[Python-Dev] Still looking for volunteer to run Windows buildbot

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Mar 30 08:44:17 CEST 2006

Gregory P. Smith wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 07:08:14PM +0100, Thomas Heller wrote:
>> Martin v. L?wis wrote:
>>> Josiah Carlson told me had has given up getting a Windows
>>> buildbot running, because every time he installed VS.NET
>>> on his machine, the installation would immediately crash.
>>>
>>> So if anybody wants to contribute both a machine and time
>>> to operate it (including the likely very tedious phase to
>>> get any results out of this at all), please contact me.
>
> This is an ideal job for VMWare on an existing linux build machine if
> someone can ante up a win xp and msvc++ license to the cause.  A
> vmware license for the build host probably isn't even necessary
> assuming vmware player works and one of us with a license can setup
> the vmware image (http://www.vmware.com/products/player/).  (theres
> also a chance we could get vmware inc. to donate a license to python
> if one was needed)

Right. I have setup 64-bit Ubuntu on a new Athon64 machine, created WinXP and WinXP64
empty virtual machines with VMWare workstation, then installed XP and XP64
into these images.  The images run on the Ubuntu machine in VMWare player.

I don't think we need more x86 or x86-64 buildbots, so I made no attempt
to install the buildbots.

Thomas