[Python-Dev] Still looking for volunteer to run Windows buildbot

Gregory P. Smith greg at electricrain.com
Thu Mar 30 08:32:21 CEST 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 07:08:14PM +0100, Thomas Heller wrote:
> Martin v. L?wis wrote:
> > Josiah Carlson told me had has given up getting a Windows
> > buildbot running, because every time he installed VS.NET
> > on his machine, the installation would immediately crash.
> >
> > So if anybody wants to contribute both a machine and time
> > to operate it (including the likely very tedious phase to
> > get any results out of this at all), please contact me.

This is an ideal job for VMWare on an existing linux build machine if
someone can ante up a win xp and msvc++ license to the cause.  A
vmware license for the build host probably isn't even necessary
assuming vmware player works and one of us with a license can setup
the vmware image (http://www.vmware.com/products/player/).  (theres
also a chance we could get vmware inc. to donate a license to python
if one was needed)