[Python-Dev] pysqlite for 2.5?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Mar 29 15:13:19 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 09:35 +0200, Gerhard Häring wrote:

> In particular, I would then synchronize changes that have proven stable
> in the standalone release to the Python core sqlite module. I think this
> is how Barry does it with the email module, too.

I do things a little differently, at least for the maintenance releases.
The email packages in the sandbox svn:external the library from the
appropriate Python branch.  The rest of the sandbox serves as a
repository for all the chrome around releases, e.g. generated docs,
setup.py, etc.

For email 4.0 I did things a little different, treating it more like a
dev branch until it was stable enough to merge back into the trunk
(which reminds me, I have to twiddle the sandbox to svn:external it
again).

That works well for email, but you may want to do something differently.
In general though, I think the sandbox is a great place to develop and
release standalone packages that are also integrated with Python.  So if
you wanted to do something similar for pysqlite I'd be totally fine with
that.

-Barry