[Python-Dev] PySet API

Gareth McCaughan gmccaughan at synaptics-uk.com
Wed Mar 29 14:57:59 CEST 2006

Terry Reedy wrote:

[me:]
> >> For what it's worth[1], I think Raymond is absolutely on crack here.

[Greg Ewing:]
> > +1 on a good concrete set API from me, too.

[Terry:]
> For what it's worth, I think Gareth's crack at Raymond is childish and out
> of place here.

Er, it wasn't a crack at Raymond, it was a crack at a particular
position he's taking on a particular issue. What I intended (but
may have failed) to convey was: "Raymond's a clever and sensible
chap, and this is a very weird position for a clever and sensible
person to be taking: must be the drugs." And, just in case it's
still not clear, I wasn't in fact suggesting that Raymond *is*
on drugs either.

However: if Raymond, or anyone else, is offended, then I'm sorry.
Now, what about the technical issues, as opposed to the way I
happened to introduce my comments?