[Python-Dev] pysqlite for 2.5?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Mar 28 21:00:40 CEST 2006

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> This came up before (back in October 2004!) but didn't go anywhere
> since, AFAICR. Do we want to consider including pysqlite in Python
> 2.5? It's the only DB adaptor that I'd really consider suitable for
> shipping with the distribution, because it's self-contained.
>
> What's people's thoughts?

We shouldn't include anything without the explicit permission of the
author(s); if possible, the authors should grant the PSF permission
to change the license (i.e. fill out the contributor agreement).

Even better, the authors should be willing to keep the version in
Python synchronized with the separate release.

Regards,
Martin