[Python-Dev] Problem with module loading on multi-arch?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Mar 16 22:34:38 CET 2006

Neal Becker wrote:
> I'm guessing that what's happening is that since there is an
> <arch-dep>/twisted, we never find the module <arch-indep>/twisted/web.  If
> my analysis (guess) is correct, I think we have a problem with the module
> search.

That is quite possible. I keep applying patches from people who claim to
know how things on AMD64 linux work, much without questioning them. It
is quite possible that one of these patches broke something. I'm happy
to revert or augment them if needed.

Somebody should define how things ought to work, implement a patch that
both includes a documentation and an implementation of these decisions,
and then keep an eye on patches that might break this design.

Regards,
Martin