[Python-Dev] Developing/patching ctypes

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 19:43:17 CET 2006

On 3/10/06, Thomas Heller <theller at python.net> wrote:

> BTW: The buildbot reports ctypes test failures on the gentoo amd64 machine:
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/trunk/amd64%20gentoo%20trunk/builds/277/step-test/0
>
> Is there a way to get the actual failures somehow?  Running the tests in verbose
> mode by default is probably not a good idea, because it may make tests fail, AFAIK.

I want to modify regrtest so the traceback info is stored in a file,
so you can still retrieve the data after a test run.  I haven't
started making this mod yet.

> If not, I have no other choice (since I don't have a 64-bit machine myself) than
> to test this in the sourceforge compilefarm amd64 machine, which is a pain
> since they don't allow outbound network from there.

I ran the test manually last night, there were 12 errors IIRC.  It was
stuff like strings not being equal.  I can't send you the verbose run
right now.  I'll try to do it when I get a chance, but that won't be
before Sunday.