[Python-Dev] Developing/patching ctypes

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Mar 10 17:40:27 CET 2006

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Thomas Heller]
>> In the meantime, please: If anyone is going to make fixes to the ctypes source
>> code (apart from Tim's regular whitespace cleanup), please do this in the
>> ctypes CVS repository on sourceforge, in the trunk.
>
> FYI, my regular whitespace cleanup consists of running reindent.py
> from the root of a Python checkout ("cd python; reindent.py -r .").
> There's nothing specific to the Python project about that little
> procedure, and, e.g., I regularly did the same for Zope Corp's ZODB
> project.

I've nothing against that, and I should myself get used to do the same
in my own repositories from time to time.

BTW: The buildbot reports ctypes test failures on the gentoo amd64 machine:

http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/trunk/amd64%20gentoo%20trunk/builds/277/step-test/0

Is there a way to get the actual failures somehow?  Running the tests in verbose
mode by default is probably not a good idea, because it may make tests fail, AFAIK.

If not, I have no other choice (since I don't have a 64-bit machine myself) than
to test this in the sourceforge compilefarm amd64 machine, which is a pain
since they don't allow outbound network from there.

Thomas