[Python-Dev] .py and .txt files missing svn:eol-style in trunk

Oleg Broytmann phd at mail2.phd.pp.ru
Wed Mar 1 10:20:16 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:17:16AM -0600, Tim Peters wrote:
> These .py and .txt files don't have the svn:eol-style property set.
> I'm not sure they all _should_, though.

   My experience shows that if the developers use different OSes (our team
uses Linux and Windows) it helps very much to set svn:eol-style to native
for all text files - *.py, *.txt, etc, except for files with special
requirements. So I use the following shell script

#! /bin/sh

svn add "$@"
svn propset svn:eol-style native "$@"
svn propset svn:keywords "Date Rev Id" "$@"

   to add *.py files to the repository. (I don't want to put it in a global
configuration because I have different requirements for different projects.)
   For other text files the same except keywords:

#! /bin/sh

svn add "$@"
svn propset svn:eol-style native "$@"

> test_pepe263 probably should be binary (it contains "funny
> characters").

   It should be text with encoding

$ svn propset svn:mime-type "text/plain; charset=koi8-r" test_pep263

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru