[Python-Dev] .py and .txt files missing svn:eol-style in trunk

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 07:17:16 CET 2006

These .py and .txt files don't have the svn:eol-style property set.
I'm not sure they all _should_, though.  Some of them are particularly
bizarre, e.g. Lib\email\test\data\msg_26.txt has the svn:mime-type
property set to application/octet-stream (WTF?), and then svn refuses
to set the eol-style property.

.\Lib\bsddb\test\test_1413192.py
.\Lib\email\test\data\msg_26.txt
.\Lib\email\test\data\msg_44.txt
.\Lib\encodings\utf_8_sig.py
.\Lib\test\bad_coding2.py
.\Lib\test\outstanding_bugs.py
.\Lib\test\test_defaultdict.py
.\Lib\test\test_exception_variations.py
.\Lib\test\test_pep263.py
.\Lib\test\test_platform.py
.\Lib\test\crashers\coerce.py
.\Lib\test\crashers\dangerous_subclassing.py
.\Lib\test\crashers\infinite_rec_1.py
.\Lib\test\crashers\infinite_rec_2.py
.\Lib\test\crashers\infinite_rec_3.py
.\Lib\test\crashers\infinite_rec_4.py
.\Lib\test\crashers\infinite_rec_5.py
.\Lib\test\crashers\loosing_dict_ref.py
.\Lib\test\crashers\modify_dict_attr.py
.\Lib\test\crashers\recursive_call.py
.\Lib\test\crashers\weakref_in_del.py
.\Lib\test\crashers\xml_parsers.py
.\Lib\xmlcore\etree\cElementTree.py
.\Modules\zlib\algorithm.txt
.\PC\readme.txt
.\PC\testpy.py
.\PC\example_nt\readme.txt
.\PC\os2vacpp\readme.txt

OK, I tried to set eol-style on all of those.  svn refused to change these:

svn: File 'Lib\email\test\data\msg_26.txt' has binary mime type property
svn: File 'Lib\test\test_pep263.py' has binary mime type property
svn: File 'PC\readme.txt' has binary mime type property
svn: File 'PC\testpy.py' has binary mime type property
svn: File 'PC\example_nt\readme.txt' has binary mime type property
svn: File 'PC\os2vacpp\readme.txt' has binary mime type property

test_pepe263 probably should be binary (it contains "funny
characters").  I'll wrestle with the ones under PC/.