[Python-Dev] beta1 coming real soon

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Jun 9 20:22:27 CEST 2006

Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> How hard is the feature freeze? Would it be possible to update the
> Carbon bindings after beta1? Given Apple's focus on backward
> compatibility the update should only add new functionality, not
> remove existing functions/types.

I'd say it's absolute wrt. to requiring permission from the release
manager.

The point of not allowing new features after a beta release is
that one wants to avoid getting untested new features into a release.
For that goal, it is not that relevant whether the new features
are guaranteed not to break any existing features - they still
don't get the testing that the beta releases try to achieve.

Regards,
Martin