[Python-Dev] Possible platforms to drop in 2.6

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sat Dec 23 14:19:59 CET 2006

skip at pobox.com wrote:
>     Brett> So, here are the platforms I figured we should drop:

>     Brett> * OS/2
>
> I'm pretty sure Andrew MacIntyre is still maintaining the OS/2+EMX port:
>
>     http://members.pcug.org.au/~andymac/python.html

I am, although I haven't managed a binary release of 2.5 yet (should be
in a few days).

If its just the os2vacpp subdirectory in PC/ that is being discussed,
that could go for 2.6.

It will be a fair amount of work to disentangle the defines used for the
2 ports - a fair bit of the platform specific code is shared, but with
compiler related differences.  I would suggest more trouble than its
worth for 2.6, but I could work on it.

Of course, if the project management decide that even the EMX support
should be removed from the official tree - so be it; I will just have
to maintain the port outside the official tree.