[Python-Dev] New-style icons, .desktop file

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Apr 27 21:44:09 CEST 2006

Simon Dahlbacka wrote:
> OTOH, the ETA for Vista is "just after" 2.5 release (end of 2006 for
> OEM:s, beginning of 2007 for customers), long before 2.6
>
> That said, I don't have any strong preferences either way. (..but I do
> have a x64 Vista machine running ATM)

Good to know, but unfortunately, not very helpful in the end: Even if
I wanted to include these icons, I still had no clue whatsoever on how
to do that. What files do I need to deploy into what locations for this
to "work", and how do I determine whether or not to use the "Vista
approach" (assuming it is different from the "pre-Vista approach")?

Regards,
Martin