[Python-Dev] I'm not getting email from SF when assignedabug/patch

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Apr 3 21:55:35 CEST 2006

On 4/3/06, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> > the source code is available via the above link; I'll post the ZIP file some-
> > where tomorrow (drop me a line if you want the URL).
>
> I found some free space on the effbot.org server, so anyone inter-
> ested can get the current ZIP file here:
>
>     http://effbot.org/tracker-20060403.zip
>
> the zip file is ~85 megabytes, and expands to about 300 megabyte data.

Can someone (Martin, Barry?) post this on python.org (I don't think
this necessarily needs to be put into svn and I don't have any access
but svn) so Fredrik can free up the space on his server?

> there are three tracker directories (for the bugs, patches, and feature re-
> quest trackers).  for each item, there are at least two files:
>
>     item-NNN.xml (index information, created by getindex.py)
>
>     item-NNN-page.xml (xhtml pages, created by getpages.py)
>
> where NNN is the tracker item identifier.
>
> for items that have attached files, there's also one or more
>
>     item-NNN-data-MMM.dat (data files, created by getfiles.py)
>
> where MMM is a file identifier (referred to by the page files).
>
> :::
>
> the extract module available here:
>
>     http://effbot.python-hosting.com/browser/stuff/sandbox/sourceforge/
>
> can be used to extract information from the page.xml files (see the
> sanity check code at the end of that file for a usage example).
>
> to use this, you need ElementTree (a Python 2.5 pre-alpha should work)
> and/or cElementTree.
>
> :::
>
> I'll post an export demo script later.

OK, great.  I will send out an email to start hashing out what we want
in the tracker call soon so we can start working on that while you
type up the demo script.

-Brett