[Python-Dev] I'm not getting email from SF when assignedabug/patch

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Apr 3 17:50:02 CEST 2006

> the source code is available via the above link; I'll post the ZIP file some-
> where tomorrow (drop me a line if you want the URL).

I found some free space on the effbot.org server, so anyone inter-
ested can get the current ZIP file here:

    http://effbot.org/tracker-20060403.zip

the zip file is ~85 megabytes, and expands to about 300 megabyte data.
there are three tracker directories (for the bugs, patches, and feature re-
quest trackers).  for each item, there are at least two files:

    item-NNN.xml (index information, created by getindex.py)

    item-NNN-page.xml (xhtml pages, created by getpages.py)

where NNN is the tracker item identifier.

for items that have attached files, there's also one or more

    item-NNN-data-MMM.dat (data files, created by getfiles.py)

where MMM is a file identifier (referred to by the page files).

:::

the extract module available here:

    http://effbot.python-hosting.com/browser/stuff/sandbox/sourceforge/

can be used to extract information from the page.xml files (see the
sanity check code at the end of that file for a usage example).

to use this, you need ElementTree (a Python 2.5 pre-alpha should work)
and/or cElementTree.

:::

I'll post an export demo script later.

cheers /F