[Python-Dev] Migrating to subversion

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Mar 7 21:07:51 CET 2005

Greg Ward wrote:
> Presumably for Python's repository, this would work:
>
>   cvs2svn -s /home/svn/python /home/cvs/python/python
>
> ...except, umm, isn't distutils a separate top-level directory in the
> Python repository or something?

Ok. Removing the CVSROOT before the conversion (from CVS) or after
the conversion (from svn) would probably work.

OTOH, I wonder whether the distutils CVS needs to be converted at all,
or whether it would be sufficient to only migrate the python "module"
(in which case your approach would be sufficient).

Regards,
Martin