[Python-Dev] Migrating to subversion

Greg Ward gward at python.net
Sun Mar 6 22:57:11 CET 2005

On 06 March 2005, "Martin v. Löwis" said:
> - It has imported the CVSROOT directory as well. I don't
>   know whether this is deliberate/useful.

This is just an artifact of how SourceForge CVS repositories are
organized.  When I converted Optik's CVS to Subversion, I just did this:

  cvs2svn -s /home/svn/optik /home/cvs/optik/optik

where /home/cvs/optik is what I got after unpacking the tarball
downloaded from SF.

Presumably for Python's repository, this would work:

  cvs2svn -s /home/svn/python /home/cvs/python/python

...except, umm, isn't distutils a separate top-level directory in the
Python repository or something?  That'll probably have to be fixed
manually.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward at python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
The NSA.  We care: we listen to our customers.