[Python-Dev] PEP: Migrating the Python CVS to Subversion

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Jul 29 06:41:20 CEST 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 20:07, Fernando Perez wrote:
 > or something similar.  It's an extra few chars, and it would give a
 > convenient way to branch off pieces of the main code into their own
 > subprojects in the future if needed.

More interestingly, keeping it in a single repository makes it easier to merge
projects, or parts of projects, together, without losing the history.  This
would be useful when developing packages that may be considered for the
standard library, but which also need to continue separate releases to
support older versions of Python.  We've found it very handy to keep multiple
projects in a single repository for zope.org.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>