[Python-Dev] 'With' context documentation draft (was Re: Terminology for PEP 343

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Jul 18 13:33:46 CEST 2005

Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> writes:

> Ron Adam wrote:
>>      3. The "with" documentation could possibly be grouped with or after
>> the "try" documentation as it may be easier to understand in that context.
>
> I was looking for an appropriate place in the tutorial to put a couple of
> usage examples - a new subsection immediately after the introduction of
> try/finally (8.7, IIRC) seemed to make the most sense.
>
> However, I figured that bit could wait until I had a chance to play with an
> actual implementation.

http://python.org/sf/1235943

(I have a more recent patch at home, which better implements the
__future__ stuff in the compiler package -- not a very big thing).

Probably also want to test with Phillip's PEP 342 patch:

http://python.org/sf/1223381

(I haven't done this, there are probably conflicts).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Lisp does badly because we refuse to lie.  When people ask us if
  we can solve insoluble problems we say that we can't, and because