[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Python pythonrun.c, 2.161.2.15, 2.161.2.16

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk at shore.net
Sat Jan 8 07:33:23 CET 2005

kbk at shore.net (Kurt B. Kaiser) writes:
>  [JH]
>> ../Python/symtable.c:193: structure has no member named `st_tmpname'
>>
>> Do you see that?
>
> Yeah, the merge eliminated it from the symtable struct in symtable.h.
> You moved it to symtable_entry at rev 2.12 in MAIN :-)
>
> I'll research it.

I think it would be more efficient if you tackled it since almost
all the work is in compile.c ==> newcompile.c

The relevant changes are

compile.c 2.286
symtable.h 2.12
symtable.c 2.11

www.python.org/sf/734869

> Apparently my build differs enough so that I'm still stuck in
> Python-ast.c (once I had fixed pythonrun.c).

I resolved all the errors/warnings and diffed to against respository.
I was astonished to see the same changes, slightly different, being
replaced by mine.  Those were /your/ tweaks.

Apparently the $(AST_H) $(AST_C): target ran and Python-ast.c was
recreated (without the changes).  It's not clear to me how/why that
happened.  I did start with a clean checkout, but it seems that the
target only runs if Python-ast.c and/or its .h are missing (they
should have been in the checkout), or older than Python.asdl, which
they are not.  I don't see them in the .cvsignore.

Very amusing.

--
KBK